When I was on a strict Paleo diet, the hardest thing for me was finding the right things to eat for Breakfast. I recall having one successful recipe that became my weekly go-to breakfast, but after weeks and weeks on paleo banana bread breakfast muffins, I was well and truly over them!
Those muffins did serve me well, and I’m sure they’ll make a come-back one day, but for now, these grain-free chocolate pancakes are a great stand-in. They’re quicker and easier than the breakfast muffins, and the rest of my family love them too.
They are not strictly Paleo, as they have a little potato starch in them, but they’re certainly grain-free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut Oil (for cooking only)
- Toppings of your choice
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut oil to the blender.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil to a hot pan on medium heat and add approximately 3 Tbsp of the pancake mixture.
- Cook on medium heat until small bubbles start to appear on top.
- Flip carefully, as these pancakes are grain free they can be fragile. Cook on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Top with your favourite toppings.